Princeton University Library Catalog
- Lockard, M. Scott [Browse]
- [San Rafael, California] : Oro Editions, 
- 268 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Architectural design [Browse]
- Summary note
- Design is a widely-misunderstood discipline. This misunderstanding is not just simple ignorance and indifference in the layman. It is the design profession itself that accepts and promotes a vague and ultimately damaging definition of design. This lack of clarity is nurtured to thwart the scrutiny that would reveal designers' incompetence--as well as to advance more insidious agendas. While there is no lack of criticism, it too misses the point. Critics and designers are content to argue about superficial distinctions but not to understand the true criteria for evaluation, nor the process that would accomplish it. These willful misunderstandings are highly detrimental both to the client and to the development of capable designers.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-268) and indexes.
- Other standard number
- C - S
|In Library Use Only