Princeton University Library Catalog
- Evans, David, 1929-1988 [Browse]
- [London?] : Liss Llewellyn Fine Art, 2017.
- 175 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Related name
- Summary note
- David Evans' death in a road accident in 1988, at the age of 59, bought to an abrupt end the career of one of the most distinguished watercolourists of his generation. The recent discovery of pictures remaining in his studio, nearly thirty years after the memorial tribute staged by the Redfern Gallery in 1988, provides the opportunity for a new generation to discover his work, though the publication of this first ever book on David Evans and the accompanying touring exhibition. Evans' strikingly large watercolours, (typically they measure over one metre in height or breadth), span two decades from the late 1960s to the late 1980s, evoking a vision that is still surprisingly potent today.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Young Gallery, Salisbury, United Kingdom, May 27 - July 7, 2017.
- C - S
|In Library Use Only