Princeton University Library Catalog
- McGuirk, Justin [Browse]
- London : Phaidon Press Limited in partnership with the Design Museum, 2017.
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour), portraits ; 28 cm
- Host institution
- Exhibition catalogs
- Summary note
- Our lives, homes, and work are, whether we realize it or not, being designed in California. Our day-to-day experiences are increasingly filtered through social media interfaces, and the Internet of Things is nearly a reality. This important book accesses California's potent influence on today's design culture and traces its evolution, from the influence of 'The Whole Earth Catalog' in the 1960s to the emergence of the Silicon Valley tech giants that are now having a massive influence on contemporary life around the world.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at the Design Museum, London, 24 May-15 October 2017.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword -- Selling freedom : tools of personal liberation -- Go where you want : tools of movement and escape -- See what you want : tools of perception and fantasy -- Say what you want : tools of self-expression and rebellion -- Make what you want : tools of production and self-reliance -- Join who you want : tools of collaboration and community -- Interviews -- Afterword -- Biographies.
- Other title(s)
- Designing freedom
- C - S
|In Library Use Only