Princeton University Library Catalog
- Helsinki, Finland : Garret Publications, 2017.
- 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 34 cm
- Related work(s)
- Summary note
- Jacob Dahlgren's work is concerned with a dialogue between the authoritative singularity of pure formal abstraction and its position within a variable, complex, and social shared culture. He devises performative formats that, for a limited time and within a defined space, turn people into "carriers" of abstract art, lending it a new symbolic potential through the contradictory facets of urban culture. This encyclopaedia of sorts presents the breadth and diversity of his oeuvre, with one or multiple projects represented by each letter of the alphabet. Interspersed in this selection are critical essays that serve to illuminate the concepts and motivations behind Dahlgren's prolific output.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other title(s)
- Jacob Dahlgren : from A to Z
- 9789527222010 (hardcover)
- 952722201X (hardcover)
- C - S
|In Library Use Only