Princeton University Library Catalog
- Mimlitsch-Gray, Myra [Browse]
- Uniform title
- New Paltz, New York : Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, State University of New York at New Paltz, 
- New York : Distributed by the State University of New York Press
- 71 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Related name
- Exhibition catalogs
- Summary note
- "In/Animate surveys the past decade of work by Myra Mimlitsch-Gray, internationally renowned metalsmith and head of the Metal Program at SUNY New Paltz. Curated by author Akiko Busch, the exhibition explores a variety of artistic processes using iron, copper, brass, silver, and enameled steel. Mimlitsch-Gray's domestic artifacts suggest a coalescence of body and thing, conveying the mutability of the animate and inanimate and reflecting the intimacy between people and the objects they use. A spoon could be a lip, or a dangling twist of fabric, a vein. Over 40 meticulously crafted works contribute to the contemporary conversation about how household objects express ideas about presentation, utility, and class."--Samuel Dorsky Museum website.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition In/Animate: recent work by Myra Mimlitsch-Gray, curated by Akiko Busch, on display from August 31-December 11, 2016 in the Sara Bedrick Gallery of the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, state University of New York at New Paltz"--Colophon.
- 0692560114 ((paperback))
- C - S
|In Library Use Only