Princeton University Library Catalog
- Video/Projected medium
- [London] : BBC ; Heathfield, East Sussex : Opus Arte, 
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 240 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Production company
- Documentary films
- Dance films
- Summary note
- Documentary about several traditions of ecstatic dance around the world, including San in Namibia, Kut in Korea, Yoruba in Nigeria, Gabrielle Roth in New York, Candomble in Brazil, whirling dervishes in Turkey, Hadra in Morocco, firedance in the U.S. and the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Australia.
- The first disc also includes five "making of" featurettes and optional filmakers audio commentary. The accompanying second disc includes a how-to video on free dance with Gabrielle Roth (The power wave) and sixteen dance tracks set to psychedelic visuals.
- Booklet in container (25 p. : col. ill. ; 18 cm.) with program notes.
- Creation/Production credits
- Director of photography, Paul Elliott ; editor, Sioux Currie ; DVD producer, Feren van Damme.
- System details
- DVD, all regions, full screen or widescreen presentation; Audio track options: Dolby stereo. 2.0, Dolby digital 5.1.
- Narration, credits and most dialogue in English ; English subtitles for the non-English dialogue; optional Spanish subtitles.
- Other title(s)
- Power wave.
- Publisher no.
- OA 0873 D
- Universal Product Code
- N - S
|In Library Use Only