Princeton University Library Catalog
- Phillipson, Heather [Browse]
- Frankfurt : Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt ; [Wien] : Verlag für moderne Kunst, 
- 93 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 22 cm
- Host institution
- Summary note
- For the first time in Germany, the internationally renowned artist and author Heather Phillipson will present a multimedia installation within the scope of a solo exhibition. Phillipson, who has already had successful shows in cities such as London, Paris, and Basel, will specifically develop a presentation for the SCHIRN's freely accessible Rotunda. Video plays a key role in her works, which she enhances with the use of photographs, objects, performance, sound, and voice to become installations for the purpose of addressing several senses simultaneously. As the recipient of numerous awards for her writing, Phillipson moreover uses language to counter the reputedly overwhelming power and complexity of digital image information. For her, it constitutes the starting point for possible new creations, both material as well as immaterial. The poetic interplay between language and image gives rise to a new look at the objects that surround people and have an impact on their everyday lives. Phillipson relies on the artist principle of combination, which allows her to produce contemporary disguises of a real and virtual reality. 00Exhibition: Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt, Germany (20.11.2015-07.02.2016).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt, November 20, 2015 - February 7, 2016.
- Parallel texts in German and English.
- Other title(s)
- Eat here
- 9783903004863 ((pbk.))
- 3903004863 ((pbk.))
- International Article Number
- N - S
|In Library Use Only