Princeton University Library Catalog
- Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business Press, c2009.
- x, 85 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Budget in business [Browse]
- Related name
- Pocket mentor series. [More in this series]
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Mentor's message : the power of a well-prepared budget -- Preparing a budget : the basics -- An overview of budgeting -- What is a budget? -- How does the budgeting process work? -- Why is a budget valuable? -- Types of budgets -- Approaches to preparing a budget -- Traditional budgeting -- Alternative approaches -- Kaizen budgeting -- Budgeting and the balanced scorecard -- Categorizing expenses -- Fixed and variable costs -- Allocated costs -- Activity-based costing -- Activity-based budgeting -- Preparing an operating budget -- Defining your goals -- Articulating your assumptions -- Forecasting sales -- Forecasting revenues -- Forecasting cost of goods sold -- Estimating SG&A costs -- Calculating operating income -- Exploring "what-if" scenarios -- Preparing a capital budget -- What is a capital budget? -- Capital budgeting techniques -- When your budget and reality differ -- What is variance? -- What causes it? -- Tips and tools -- Tools for preparing a budget -- Test yourself -- Key terms -- To learn more.
- 9781422128848 (pbk.)
- 1422128849 (pbk.)
- N - S