Skip to search
Skip to main content
Title starts with
Author (sorted by title)
Call number (browse)
Princeton University Library Catalog
Organ of Praise of the Virgin Mary (Argānona Weddāsē)
[Ethiopia], [between 1670 and 1730]
1 item ; 16 x 16 cm
Garrett, Robert, 1875-1961
Parchment. 152 folios; 2 columns, 14 lines. Wooden boards, leather spine, skin case with strap.
Forms part of: Robert Garrett Collection of Ethiopic Manuscripts.
1. Folio 1r-v. Hymn of Praise (ʻesagged) to the Virgin Mary Along with a curse directed at those who would steal, erase, burn, or take the book by force.
2. Folio 2r-4v. Three Miracles of the Virgin Mary
3. Folio 5r-149r. Organ of Praise (Argānona Weddāsē) Marked for reading on each day of the week.
4. Folio 149r-150v. Calendrical Notes
5. Folio 150v-152v. Salām or Hymn of Salutation to St. George
Show 2 more Contents items
Statement on language in description
Princeton University Library aims to describe library materials in a manner that is respectful to the individuals and communities who create, use, and are represented in the collections we manage.