Princeton University Library Catalog
- Cohen, Mark R., 1943- [Browse]
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 
- 1 online resource (xii, 226 pages) : illustrations.
- Related work(s)
- Summary note
- Mark Cohen presents not only a case-study of medieval Jewish life, but structural aspects of poverty and charity generally un-noticed. His anthology comprises letters and other documents used in his earlier work 'Poverty and Charity in the Jewish Community of Medieval Egypt'.
- "Companion to ... Poverty and charity in the Jewish community of Medieval Egypt"--P. [xi].
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -208) and index.
- Source of description
- Description based on print version record.
- PART ONE: LETTERS ABOUT THE POOR AND ABOUT CHARITY: Introduction -- Basic themes -- Taxonomy: structure and conjunction -- The foreign poor -- Indigent captives and refugees -- Debt and poll tax -- Women and poverty -- Letters regarding public charity -- PART TWO: CHARITY LISTS: Alms lists -- Donor lists -- PART THREE: EPILOGUE: Poverty and charity in the Fourteenth Century .
- 9781400850617 (electronic bk.)
- 1400850614 (electronic bk.)
- Other views