Princeton University Library Catalog
- 2nd ed.
- United Kingdom : Emerald, 2008.
- xiii, 819 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Related name
- Summary note
- This is a thorough update of 'Methods and Materials of Demography' (1976). Like the original, this text presents a systematic and comprehensive exposition of the methods used by technicians and research workers in dealing with demographic data.
- First Emerald edition 2007. A substantially revised, updated, and expanded edition of: The methods and materials of demography / Henry S. Shryock, Jacob S. Siegel, and associates. Condensed ed. / by Edward G. Stockwell. New York : Academic Press, c1976.
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Acknowledgements / David A. Swanson and Jacob S. Siegel -- Preface / Linda Gage and Douglas S. Massey -- 1. Introduction / David A. Swanson and Jacob S. Siegel -- 2. Basic sources of statistics / Thomas Bryan -- 3. Collection and processing of demographic data / Thomas Bryan and Robert Heuser -- 4. Population size / Janet Wilmoth -- 5. Population distribution -- geographic areas / David A. Plane -- 6. Population distribution -- classification of residence / Jerome N. McKibben and Kimberly A. Faust -- 7. Age and sex composition / Frank B. Hobbs -- 8. Racial and ethnic composition / Jerome N. McKibben -- 9. Marriage, divorce, and family groups / Kimberly A. Faust
- Other title(s)
- Methods, materials, demography
- Other views