- [Place of publication not given] : [publisher not given], 
- 72 items : photographs ; 25 x 20 cm, in box 33 x 25 x 8 cm
- Related name
- Photographs—United States—20th century
- Summary note
- A collection of photographs, apparently taken for Time magazine's "Poverty in America" issue of May 17, 1968. There are 72 silver prints, 25 x 20 cm., uniformly printed on double-weight fiber paper, and commissioned from a variety of photographers. Most are captioned in manuscript on the verso; a small number have inked notes on the recto. The work of at least 16 different photographers is represented, covering every region of the country. Of particular interest are 5 photographs by J. Edward Bailey III (1923-1982), an African-American photojournalist and Time magazine regular. Other photographers include Robert W. Cotttrol ((5 photographs), William Sartor (24), Lee Baltermann (1), Walter E. Bennett (3) and Lee Spence. Only one of the photographs appeared among the 18 published in the article: Julian Wasser's photograph of Mexican-American farmworkers in Fresno, CA. A copy of the May 17, 1968 issue of Time is included in the collection.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Other views