Princeton University Library Catalog
- Jutel, Annemarie [Browse]
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 
- 1 online resource (198 pages) : illustrations
- Bibliographic references
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of description
- Description based on print version record.
- A place for a sociology of diagnosis? -- An avenue for understanding -- Lumping or splitting: classification in medical diagnosis -- The aims of classification -- Classification of diseases -- Classification systems -- Revealing classificatory politics in diagnosis -- Social framing and diagnosis: corpulence and fetal death -- Corpulence -- Fetal death -- Frame and be framed -- What's wrong with me? diagnosis and the patient-doctor relationship -- Illness and disease -- Medical authority -- Changing roles in diagnosis -- What next? -- Beyond our ken? contested diagnoses and the medically unexplained -- Medically unexplained symptoms -- Discovery of disease -- Whose diagnosis? -- Splitting from diagnosis -- Driving diagnosis: peddlers and pushers -- Engines of diagnosis -- Female hypoactive sexual desire disorder -- Discussion -- "There is nothing so small as to escape our inquiry": technologies of diagnosis -- Technology and diagnostic categories -- Technology and the diagnostic process -- Screening -- Hope -- Conclusion: directions for the sociology of diagnosis.
- Other views